Aug 14, 2010
Praise God that RLM was able to ship a cargo container full of useful items to our brothers and sisters in Liberia. The container was loaded during the weekend of August 7th and was shipped on August 9th.
Loading the trailer
The shipment contains a donated tractor that will be used to support an agricultural project in Liberia as well as several pieces of industrial quality wood-working equipment.
The tractor being loaded.
A donated Bandsaw ready to be loaded.
Power from the grid is so expensive in Liberia that generators are needed to power the wood-working equipment. Two 30K generators are in the trailer to serve this purpose.
One of two generators waiting to be loaded.
Revive Liberia Missions would like to thank everyone who participated to make this shipment possible. God has blessed RLM and our brothers and sisters in Liberia through your work, your time and your generosity.
To view more images of the container’s contents and the load process click HERE.
Aug 2, 2010
Liberia, a war-torn country on the coast of West Africa, was founded on the principals that we hold dear: life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Unfortunately those basic freedoms have been denied to many of its citizens as it emerges from decades of civil war. Poverty is rampant and quality education is only a dream, especially for young women. Many girls in Liberia have had educational interruptions due to the conflict. Many of them are in their late teens and still have remaining years of high school. Unfortunately most of the decent schools are private and require tuition payments that the girls can’t afford. This is so unfortunate because educated women change not only the quality of their own lives but they also lift their families and even their communities from the crushing grip of poverty.
You can provide a quality education for a girl in Liberia.
For as little as $30 per month or about $1 per day you can purchase tuition and books for an impoverished young woman and set her on a path to a professional career. In return you will receive regular updates from your sponsored girl as well as her grade reports. You can send and receive letters with her. You can support the young woman through her entire academic career, if desired, although a one-year commitment is all that is required.
- Your gift will be tax deductible
- 100% of your gift will go toward assisting young women. There are NO ADMINISTRATIVE COSTS.
- Supporting a young woman as a family project
- As part of your Sunday School group
- With your team at work
- As a 50% sponsor. Another sponsor will be found to partner with you.
- This is a pilot program. Only eight young women are available for sponsorship. If you want to radically change the life of a girl, her family and her community, please contact us today!
- Contact Julie Parmenter, the USA Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A project under the guidance of Revive Liberia Missions